Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Own Mother


My name is Danielle. I am a member of WWHI's Advisory Committee and this is my mother. She will be one of the lucky recipients to get a gift from our Mother's Day campaign this year.

I was adopted as a baby. So, I have the unique experience of having two mothers. While I am thankful for the brave unknown woman who carried me for nine months and then actually physically produced me, this is the woman who raised me, fed me, taught me, loved me and continues to always be there for me. Whether it was letting me move back in while I was between apartments or driving an hour to hang out with me after a broken heart, she is always there for me when I need her.

My mother is beautiful, smart, fun, dependable and kind. I am thankful for her everyday and learn more and more what a wonderful gift she is. A big 'Hurray!' to all the mothers out there. To those who carried children, those who raised them and even those who aren't our actual mothers, but have taken us under their wing, thank you! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails